Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Becoming a Landmark in Ashe County!

This morning I had some free time (I get that now and then!), so I decided that I could get a haircut, stop at the printers for some new business cards, go to the bank, and then stop over at our own West Jefferson Coffee House on the Backstreet in West Jefferson for an iced latte.  Julie is the owner, the coffee maker, the sandwich maker, the table washer, the cashier....well, you get the point.  (Oh, I forgot to say that she knew what I wanted without me saying a thing!) She's also someone who has and continues to build a solid business with a friendly and extremely comfortable atmosphere.

When you walk in to the Coffee House you immediately notice a number of soft, comfortable sofas arranged in a pattern like someone's home.  There are some tables for two, four, and even a larger one for a small group of 8 or so.  It's a homey atmosphere, full of beautiful paintings (which I think just might be for sale!) and full of the aromas of fresh ground coffee.  When you walk in the door, Julie probably will welcome you with a hearty greeting.

The West Jefferson Coffee House exhibits a bit of Ashe County's county flair.  There many times are lots of locals and regulars "hanging out". Some come in every day for their coffee and a danish or homemade pumpkin chocolate scone.  And the tourists and part timers are welcome just as much.  It's a bit of Ashe County that you don't want to miss when you come to our little corner of North Carolina.

When you do stop in, tell Julie that Doc sent you.  Because I do believe that this West Jefferson Coffee house, tucked on the Backstreet, is becoming a go-to landmark in Ashe County.  You should stop in to experience it.    Cheers!   Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment