Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Cool Outside!

I woke up this morning to a breeze and some temperatures I haven't seen in a few months.  I think. I am sure that it is THAT much cooler, it just seems that way.  It also is much less humid this morning here in our mountains.  Probably, it's nature's way of telling us that the fall will shortly be upon us and, go ahead, drag out those sweaters!

We have some fantastic seasons here ...dare I say it... The Coolest Corner of North Carolina.  Fall is stunningly beautiful, crisp, clear, and cool.  It just might be out best season (well, that's subject to opinion, I guess).  The winter is fickled, it seems.  Sometimes it snows like we are in the Himalayas and then sometimes, there may be nothing of the white stuff.  It's cold, to be sure.  But here at Buffalo Tavern, we do have the heat on and the fireplaces ready.  Spring is delightful. The world of Ashe County in the High Country comes alive again with flowers and green grass.  And summer is generally warm, but, for the most part not hot.  It's a great growing season for plants and vegetables (I will tell you a bit about my first raised-bed garden that I had this year in a later post.). 

I hope you have a great weekend.  It supposed to be spectacular here this weekend!  Some of you may be sharing your weekend with me at Buffalo Tavern!

No comments:

Post a Comment